We’re gearing up for a great summer of four (yes, FOUR) weeks of Camp Boost Summer Reading Clubs, and maybe you or someone you know would like to spend a week helping kids get a reading boost and learn about the Bible (and maybe even wrapping someone up like a mummy while learning about Egypt!)
First, available dates for hands-on Camp Boost volunteers are below:
Maiden Lane Church of God: June 25-29, 10:00-1:00
High Street Nazarene: July 9-13, 9:00-12:30
Clifton Avenue Church of God: July 16-20, 10:00-1:00
St John Missionary Baptist: July 23-27, 9:00-12:00
Volunteers of all ages, including high school and middle school students, and with all types of gifts are needed! Volunteer positions include:
- Classroom Teacher: Responsible for teaching topic and Bible lesson to a class of 10-15 students. Curriculum is provided and personal touches/tweaks are encouraged. Each classroom teacher will have at least one adult assistant.
- Classroom Assistant: Responsible for helping and supporting classroom teachers.
- Food Prep: Responsible for preparing and cleaning up after breakfast and lunch for entire camp. Does not need to set menu.
- Middle School Task Force: For middle school students only. Responsible for assisting staff/teachers as needed. This could include things such as making copies, delivering meals, collecting attendance, taking pictures/video, etc.
- Check-In: Responsible for greeting families and signing students in each morning, registering walk-ins, and collecting attendance.
If you’re interested in any of these volunteer positions, CLICK HERE to register or get more information!
Want to serve at Camp Boost in a more behind-the-scenes role? We’re also looking for coordinators for supplies, curriculum, registration, and Bibles this summer. Click here for details! UPDATE: We’ve filled the supplies, curriculum, and registration coordinator positions. We’re still looking for a volunteer Bibles coordinator!